Is a visit to Jordan on your travel wishlist? Then this compact Jordan tour is perfect for you, covering all its top highlights such as Amman, Jerash, Petra, the Dead Sea and even includes a jeep safari & camping underneath the stars in a Bedouin Camp in Wadi Rum.
This Jordan tour starts and ends in the busy capital city of Amman, as we head out on a city tour which includes visits to the Citadel and its impressive Roman Theatre. We'll also visit the Roman ruins at Jerash - one of the most well-preserved roman architecture sites on the planet.
We'll venture down the scenic King's Highway, crossing deep wadis with stops at Madaba, Mount Nebo and Kerak Castle before we reach the Rose Red City of Petra - undoubtedly the jewel in Jordan's crown.
We'll spend a full day exploring the beauty of Petra, walking through its narrow and winding Siq before we marvel at the towering Treasury, which was built more than 2000 years ago. From Petra, we'll make our way into the Wadi Rum desert, famous for its links with the British Army officer Lawrence of Arabia. This is where we'll spend the night in a Bedouin Camp, with clear, starry skies above us.
After a 4x4 jeep safari through the spectacular desert scenery, we'll enjoy a scenic drive, this time heading north along the banks of the Dead Sea. We'll stop for a swim, or float in its incredibly salty waters - an experience you'll never forget - before returning to Amman.
- 4 nights accommodation in 4/5 star hotels
- 1 night in a comfortable Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum
- All transport and transfers in AC vehicles except Bedouin jeeps in Wadi Rum
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Services of an English speaking escort driver throughout
- Professional guide for the tours in Jerash and Petra (may be extended to the whole tour)
- 4x4 Bedouin jeep safari in Wadi Rum
- Entrance to Dead Sea beach with towel & showers
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
Notes:Hotel Gala Dinners
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa fees (see tour notes)
- Travel Insurance (mandatory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Entrance fees in Jordan (included in the Jordan Pass for JD70 / US$99)
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Hotel Gala Dinners (if charged by the hotels on 24 & 31 Dec, see Tour notes)
- Any other items not mentioned above
Most of Jordan's higher level hotels arrange a very special gala dinner with entertainment in the evening on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. Payment for these is often optional on Christmas Eve (24 Dec) but normally compulsory for all guests of the hotel on New Year's Eve (31 Dec), whether you attend or not. Prices can range from around US$50 to over US$150 per person. Final decisions on prices and whether dinners are compulsory are made relatively close to the time. We aim to always select hotels that make their Gala Dinners optional, though this is is not always possible. Gala dinner prices are therefore not included in our prices above, but will be added to your booking if they become required. Please budget accordingly. More information is available on request.