This short Cairo city break tour gives you a taste of Egypt's bustling capital city, home to the iconic Pyramids, Sphinx and Egyptian Museum, and is ideal for those short of time or who may have visited other parts of Egypt already.
Accommodation is the the award winning Le Riad Hotel de Charme, a small luxury boutique hotel located in the heart of Old Cairo facing the famous Beit el Sehemy with its exceptional old Ottoman houses. The design of the hotel celebrates and reflects Old Cairo's style and history, with all 17 suites being individually furnished with warm colours, Fatimid fabrics, antique wooden furniture and paintings from local artists. Suites are all large and comfortable with spacious marble bathrooms, separate lounge and study areas and a variety of different arts and crafts displayed.
The tour begins with a guided sightseeing tour to Egypt's most well-known landmark - the Great Pyramids of Giza and the enigmatic Sphinx where your Egyptologist guide will explain the history and evolution of pyramid building.
Your remaining time in Cairo is then free to explore independently, relax in your hotel or take an additional tour. These include a city tour to the Citadel, Coptic Cairo and the Egyptian Museum, a walking tour through the old streets around the hotel and the Khan-el-Khalili bazaar, a day trip to the colonial Mediterranean city of Alexandria, or a tour to see more pyramids at Dashour, Saqqara and Memphis. Dinner cruise and felucca trips on the Nile are also available.
An overnight trip to see the ancient Egyptian sites on both banks of the River Nile at Luxor is also available, and the tour can be extended with extra nights in Cairo if you wish.
- Accommodation in 5-star boutique hotel in the heart of Old Cairo
- All transport and transfers in private AC vehicles
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Daily breakfast
- City Tax, Service Charge and VAT
- Tour to the Pyramids & Sphinx with an Egyptologist guide
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa fees (US$25 available on arrival for most nationalities)
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Optional tours
- Tour guide and hotel tips
- Hotel gala dinners (additional US$170 p/p if your stay covers New Year's Eve, 31 Dec)
- Any other items not mentioned above
Hotel Gala Dinners
Nearly all of Egypt's hotels and Nile cruise boats arrange a very special Gala Dinner with entertainment in the evening of Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. Payment for these is often optional on Christmas Eve (24 Dec) but normally compulsory on New Year's Eve (31 Dec), whether you attend or not.
The hotel used on this tour, Le Riad Hotel de Charme, does not run a Gala Dinner on Christmas Eve, but a compulsory Gala Dinner is arranged on New Year's Eve (31 Dec). The price is US$170 p/p, which is not included in the tour price, but will be added to your booking and is either payable in advance or directly to the hotel.